MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cutting in spheres

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
petcov petrucutting in spheres
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 10:20:00 pm

can somebody help me with creating this kind of spheres

how can you cut those shapes on the spheres and model these shapes in the front?

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: cutting in spheres
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 4:25:12 am

Yes, it is very easy, they can even be animated with an MOV. File.

Create a design in illustrator or photoshop with transparency (make sure the bgd layer is off) and save the psd file or png. Then import it in your sphere's material under alpha channel.

It's that easy.

you can also use this same idea with an MOV file creating an animation in AE and rendering out an animation sequence with Alpha and RGB.

Return to posts index

petcov petruRe: cutting in spheres
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 7:14:56 pm

first of all sorry for the late reply Thank You

excuse me for my noobish question but how can you design those shapes in Illustrator and know that they are looking that way when they are textured on 3d sphere,i mean in Illustrator -before they are applied to the there a certain method or can you see somehow what those shapes will look on 3d sphere?

I mean :) those lines and shapes to be positioned in the right place for example that certain shape to stay exactly on top of the sphere (with centerpoint in the north pole),that line to stay on equator

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: cutting in spheres
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 4:57:03 pm

If you are familiar with Cinema's UV tools (Bodypaint), you can export a UV layer that you can use as a guide in Illustrator or Photoshop. In fact you can even paint alpha maps directly in Cinema.

Of course with the alpha method you won't have any thickness to your model. If that's a problem you might want to use booleans instead.

Return to posts index

petcov petruRe: cutting in spheres
by on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:23:53 pm

Yes,Thank You very much

I would appreciate some suggestions on lighting and what properties to ad to material because I tried it in many ways and I can't manage to reproduce it right.I tried with Greyscalegorilla's Light Kit pro with all the studios and tweaking that lights but I don't like the results.Here is what I achieved

Here is the file it's made with Light Kit Pro 1.5 3LightProductStudio

By the way can somebody tell me if I can add some other lights in the studios from Light Kit Pro?.I found only that comment about this:
The Gorilla says:
November 2, 2010 at 9:49 am

You may be adding a light to a scene with the light switch turned off. You can remove the light switch to turn all the lights back on.

Michel Luarasi says:
March 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

Yes that’s possible but how can I put a new light while the switch is on? My scene looks bad when it is turned off… :(
The Gorilla says:
March 5, 2012 at 6:29 pm

Remove the light switch and then turn all the “normal” lights off. Then add more lights.

What is that light switch and these "normal" lights?

Thank You and sorry if I have too many questions :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved