MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texture tiling problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack CookTexture tiling problem
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 3:26:38 pm

I am having trouble getting a texture to tile in one direction. I made a texture using a gradient which has a number of color bands in it, using 2D-V as the orientation. This is to represent rock strata. I then mapped it onto a surface, using Flat mapping and tiling, and restricted to a selection to only show it on one side of an object. I want the texture to tile in the V direction several times, so I tried 4 to start with. The U direction only has 1 tile. It shows up fine in the editor, you can see the 4 tiles, but when I render it only one tile shows, and the bottom color of the gradient fills the rest of the object. I tried using a checkerboard instead of a gradient, and when I do that it tiles and renders fine, using the same mapping settings. What do I need to do to make this work? I'm using Cinema 14 on Mac 10.8.2.

Here's a picture. Thanks, Jack

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Texture tiling problem
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:34:31 pm

The only way I can reproduce this problem in the render is by turning "Cycle" off in the Gradient shader. Although it then appears untiled in my viewport as well. Still, I'd check that box if it's currently unchecked in your project.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Texture tiling problem
by on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:58:49 pm

Yes! That was it! Thank you, Darby. I checked the cycle box and everything works well. Thank you for you help on this!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved