MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sketch & Toon Filter and Alpha Channels

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Windsor
Sketch & Toon Filter and Alpha Channels
on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:20:34 am

I have something that I made in Cinema 4d that has a ton of planes that I applied animations to that I made in After Effects, I was messing with some of the render options and the sketch and toon option was a nice effect that really matched what I was trying to do, but there is one big problem.

All the planes that have images or animations on them are obviously transparent and normally render as such, but when sketch and toon is on the transparent space renders black.

I messed with several setting under sketch and toon but none allowed me to render it out with the transparency working. Does anyone have a way of making this work?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Sketch & Toon Filter and Alpha Channels
on Jan 3, 2013 at 6:12:51 am

in Render Settings/Sketch and Toon/Shading set Object to Off that will give you the lines but will use the texture that's on the objects for shading instead of the toon shading.

Return to posts index

Richard Windsor
on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:29:08 pm

Thanks,

But it now renders a black box around the planes, I turned of borders and everything else and tried rendering using each type of lines but they all ended up looking bad. I guess with the planes done like that it can't be rendered without issues.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 3, 2013 at 7:18:29 pm

The black borders are the lines S&T puts in on purpose... are you looking to have the texture quantized (fewer colors in distinct patches)? If so you can't have that and transparency I think, you'd have to do a posterize (or something like that) in AE then bring it into C4D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]