MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Explosion of chemical symbols

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan LaceyExplosion of chemical symbols
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 4:54:42 pm

I'm working on a medical piece and am trying to create a lightbeam hitting a human retina which then results in an explosion of scattered chemical symbols.

I've got the retina modeled and now need a cloud of random chemical symbols to be ejected from the impact site. I'm sure Mograph is the answer but not being a big user would really benefit from a bit of guidance. I'm using c4dR13 and also have available AfterEfects (CS5.5) which may be a better way of doing this.

? ideas

With thanks

Alan

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Craig WhitakerRe: Explosion of chemical symbols
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 5:36:33 pm

Simple, but not very elegant way could be to create your symbols, parent them to an Emitter and set your start frame to start emitting when your laser beam makes contact. For the beam, I'd just render a white matte pass and then create the color, glow, etc, in comp. Hope this helps.

Craig Whitaker
Digital Design Director
Assembly
161 Leverington Avenue Suite 1002
Philadelphia, PA 19127
O: 215-487-2060
craig@assemblypix.com

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Explosion of chemical symbols
by on Dec 31, 2012 at 10:40:24 pm

random shapes can be done in TP (whatever the emitter chosen) with a python script that's in the TP/Presets/Python folder called TP Random Shape Geometry or if you have X-Particles it's easy there.

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: Explosion of chemical symbols
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 10:11:11 am

Thanks Craig, that's about how far I've got presently and it's 'acceptable' but can probably be improved on.

I'll soldier on and try Brian's approach, although I find TP pretty intimidating to be honest. Brian I don't really want to have to buy plugins for this.

Thanks once again guys

Alan

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Craig WhitakerRe: Explosion of chemical symbols
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 9:19:07 pm

Hey Alan,

TP is a good way to go and honestly, not that complicated once you wrap your head around the fundamentals of why and what is happening. Feel free to post and scene files you're working on, I'd be happy to have a look for you.

Best,
Craig

Craig Whitaker
Digital Design Director
Assembly
161 Leverington Avenue Suite 1002
Philadelphia, PA 19127
O: 215-487-2060
craig@assemblypix.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved