MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem with new Morph Camera

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard WindsorProblem with new Morph Camera
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 4:01:55 pm

I have an animation that has a bunch of stationary cameras that I strung together using the new morph camera. At first things were fine, but all of a sudden some of the camera movements have gone a bit wonky. instead of an easy move to the next position one of the moves turns the camera on its axis the opposite direction, sometimes even making the camera go upside down, I have tried my hardest to fix it but cant seem to,

Is there any way when using morph to fine tune these movement, I moved the overall spline around but only helps a tiny bit.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Problem with new Morph Camera
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:34:48 pm

haven't done any camera morph (except to play around with it a bit) but it sounds like gimbal lock in the rotation of the camera from one target to the next. I assume your cameras do not all have their Y-axis pointing up, have you tried using Stabilize with a Stabilize object to do the camera tilt for you?

Return to posts index

Richard WindsorRe: Problem with new Morph Camera
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 7:43:09 pm

I have tried using stabilize and it helped a bit but then it screws up another move down the line.

I will have to try the morph camera again next time. I deleted it and hand keyed the moves in for this project as I have to get it done before the week is up and dont have much time to mess with the camera.

Thanks for the advice!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved