MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Best laptop options

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Engin OsmanovskiBest laptop options
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 12:26:57 pm

Do you guys have any laptop suggestions that i can work comfortibly with softwares like Cinema4d, AE, PP, 3ds Max, Audition etc at? I have been thinking about Asus G55VW (12GB) for a while. Is it suitable for the job?

Asus N56VJ (8GB) is another candidate with its lower price but i am not sure whether the GT635M card is powerful enough and 8gb of RAM is sufficient.

I don't know much about technical stuff so i would really like to hear any suggestions.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Best laptop options
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:32:25 pm

In general I would think any high end laptop would do the job just about the same as the next one. High end in this case means a quad core CPU and at least 8GB of RAM (the more the merrier).

Also a GT635M should be fine for most uses, but the GPU becomes more important if you're planning on doing any AE CS6 ray-tracing, using Premiere Pro's Mercury Playback Engine or doing any other CUDA work (Turbulence FD simulations in C4D?). I'd check in on specific user experiences with mobile GPUs in that case.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Engin OsmanovskiRe: Best laptop options
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 7:11:14 pm

Thanks for the reply Darby. Yes, i am planning on all the things you have mentioned. So GT635M should be my minumum GPU? How about a GT650M? Can it do the job smoothly and with no hassle?

I have been checking this 8GB MSI GE70 with a GT650M lately. I am curious what you think:

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GE70-0NC.html#/?div=Specification

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Best laptop options
by on Jan 1, 2013 at 1:26:13 am

[Engin Osmanovski] "Can it do the job smoothly and with no hassle?"

This depends on the job. For C4D you don't need a very high end GPU to meet basic OpenGL requirements. If you're planning on doing Raytracing in AE or any CUDA simulation (Turbulence FD for example) then you should get the best GPU you can afford without sacrificing in other areas (CPU/RAM).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: Best laptop options
by on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:50:24 am

Hi there, I had an Alienware with I-7 hyperthread quad core, Nvidia 555 with like 2/3 gbs (cant remember now), 8 gb ram, solid state drive and some things to keep in mind are that, 1. it will get hot! you'll need sufficient cooling for long renders. 2. The amount of money you will spend on this laptop could get you an extremely nice PC, 12 cores/good video etc. 3. Got ride of it as I work with some very complex sets and the it simply couldn't handle complex sets on the screen. Choppy and such after around 600,000 vertices. After that that things get frustrating and slow...and this was a good video card for a laptop. Make sure you understand what your getting into with this laptop. Of course if you have tons of money and don't care then disregard this message.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]