MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

A better way to focus lights?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John HillmanA better way to focus lights?
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 8:35:06 am

Hi all, I'm trying to animate a concert scene, and since I have 50 or so different lights, I was wondering if there was a better way to focus them? Right now I grab each light and rotate it around until it points at what I want. Is there a way to tell a light to point at an object, or some other method better than rotating each light individually?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: A better way to focus lights?
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:18:12 pm

every light can have a Target Tag applied to it which will make the light point at whatever object you wish (it will point at the object's axis). Usually a Null is used that you can move around to point the light but it can be any object. The Target Light object is just that, a light with a Target Tag already applied for you and a Null to point it at.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: A better way to focus lights?
by on Dec 30, 2012 at 6:21:51 pm

[John Hillman] "Is there a way to tell a light to point at an object, or some other method better than rotating each light individually?"

You can create a Target Light from the Lights menu. This is a Spotlight with a Target tag applied. You can also simply apply a Target tag to the lights you already have in your scene.

Personally I like to use the Character > Constraint tag set to Aim. This gives more options. Check these tags out in the Cinema 4D help.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]