MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Camera Mapping Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hillman
Camera Mapping Question
on Dec 30, 2012 at 3:53:00 am

Hi all, I'm completely new to all this and am working on a Cinema 4D project just to see what I can do with it. As part of the scene, I am trying to map a single video texture, spread out across 5 objects, so that the objects work together to make one large video wall. The best thing I've found with google is Camera Mapping, but the problem I'm having is the sizing the video correctly to fit on the objects. No matter what I seem to mess with in the camera object, I can't make the Camera's field wider without also making it taller. Is there a trick I'm missing? Am I doing this wrong?

If there is a better way to do this, I'd be more than happy to try it. I'd like to move the individual objects around without them losing their part of the video, which doesn't look possible with Camera Mapping, but I figured I'd at least get to step one before I start worrying about that.

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Camera Mapping Question
on Dec 30, 2012 at 5:31:49 am

[John Hillman] "If there is a better way to do this, I'd be more than happy to try it. I'd like to move the individual objects around without them losing their part of the video, which doesn't look possible with Camera Mapping, but I figured I'd at least get to step one before I start worrying about that."

If you look at the Texture Tag attributes there should be a Film Aspect edit field just below where you chose the projection Camera. If you change the Film Aspect it changes the ratio of width/height of the texture.

Once you have the projection as you like it you can right click the Texture Tag and use "Generate UVW Coordinates" to bake the projection into UVW coords. This only works on editable objects and not parametric objects.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

John Hillman
Re: Camera Mapping Question
on Dec 30, 2012 at 8:31:24 am

Thanks for the response. I couldn't seem to get that to work, none of the angles fit what I actually needed.
I did however find an answer to my question. I used a MoGraph Cloner object with a Plane inside if, to clone the plane to all the places I needed it, then applied my video texture to the Cloner, and was able to Fix the Texture to the Cloner object.
Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]