MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How to build this form. Should i use a cloner?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
angel tomsom smithHow to build this form. Should i use a cloner?
by on Dec 24, 2012 at 12:19:48 pm

I'm not very good with modeling and I have a problem with a form that I built with circles splines and a loft nurb. Placing circles parts through the path (comes from illustrator) manually building every circle and adjusting position, rotation and scale, one by one, but the result is not perfect, and I want it to be.

Any idea how to place the circles evenly to fill the form equidistantly?

I guess something like making the circles to build this path with a cloner?

The right option i guess should me manually modelling con extrussions but i am no so good modelling.

Thanks.

(i attached some picts)

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: How to build this form. Should i use a cloner?
by on Dec 24, 2012 at 5:26:22 pm

no pics attached

Return to posts index

angel tomsom smithRe: How to build this form. Should i use a cloner?
by on Dec 25, 2012 at 6:33:21 pm

Return to posts index

by on Dec 27, 2012 at 6:10:13 am

I don't think a cloner would be quicker, a cloner puts objects in perpendicular to the spline (assuming you are using a spline for your base shape) and while it's probablu possible to do what you want it would likely take longer (or just as long) to tweak it to the correct places than doing it by hand as you have done.

It may be better to make the shape straight and curve it with deformers later or possibly just model it by hand using a minimum of geometry and HyperNurbs to smooth

Return to posts index

by on Dec 27, 2012 at 6:22:42 pm

That´s the answer i didn´t want to find out, but it´s obvious..

Thanks for your help, ill give it a try.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:59:09 am

Buuuuuuut... i think i found another solution.

There is an scene on this page (i have linked it) with a very brilliant solution for the problem. It´s in spanish but is very clever the answer from missinglink and Eurosnake. The missinglink one is the best one!

http://www.c4des.com/c4desforo/index.php?topic=29976.msg208782#msg208782

The scene download
http://f1.creativecow.net/5129/circles-cloner-scene'>5129_circuloscloner.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

by on Dec 28, 2012 at 5:43:58 pm

you can simplify that by putting the cloner right into the Loft (but Render Instances has to be off) - it's a good solution as long as the base spline never gets tighter like the Arc but if you are using a spiral shape, like your earlier picture, where the base spline angle gets tighter you have a hard time keeping it smooth in the tight areas. It's even more noticeable if you try to put knob on the end of the shape. So as long as you try to stay inside limits of how far you can curl the spline it's a good way.

5132_circuloscloner2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]