MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

cinema 4d to 3ds max

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean parkcinema 4d to 3ds max
by on Dec 20, 2012 at 10:16:07 pm

I'm new to the 3d world, so i apologize if this is a dumb question. I'm trying to transfer a model i made in cinema 4d to someone else who uses 3d studio max. What is the best way for me to export my file? Is it possible for 3d studio max to open .fbx or .3ds files? I've also read some things about plugins like riptide, but i can't seem to find riptide past r9. My main priority is to get them the 3d model. the lighting and camera can be adjusted on their part, but is there any way i can send them a file without losing much the ability to edit the model? I'm using C4D r12. Pardon the ignorance, any advice would be extremely helpful.

Return to posts index

John RockstadRe: cinema 4d to 3ds max
by on Dec 20, 2012 at 11:34:03 pm

.3ds is Max's native format, so that would be the best one to start with. The important thing is to have a good sense of what to expect in terms of the limitations of bringing a scene from one 3D package to another, which it seems that you do. If you have a relatively simple model and you just need someone to be able to manipulate your polygons, that shouldn't be a big deal. You might download a trial of 3ds Max so you can experiment for yourself and see how the different formats C4D can export to work with it, but I'd start with .3ds.

Return to posts index

sean parkRe: cinema 4d to 3ds max
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 7:30:30 am

Thanks for your response, John!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved