MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

background texture is completely stretched

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andreas Wölflbackground texture is completely stretched
by on Dec 15, 2012 at 10:24:04 am

hello everybody,

actually I'm more involved in 2d animations, especially after effects. but as you always have to go with the flow and learn new stuff I ended up with 3d and cinema 4d.

Right now I am animating a flight simulation over a continent. I'm modeling the surface of it in c4d and would like to project a satellite foto on the continent via camera mapping.

I already watched tutorials but I already get lost when I want to adjust my projection camera with the help of background image.

I create a background object (export settings of the project 1280x720) and drop the texture of the continent on the background image (texture image size: 5420x8650). now c4d stretches the image so that it fits on the background dimensions.
I already tried things like "fit to object" or "fit to region" but I don't get the result I want. I need the image of the continent centered and with the right proportions on the background object.

I can't imagine that it can be so difficult, but I can't find the solution on my own, that's why I need your help.

thanks a lot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved