MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Placing a c4d animation on a Boujou camera track

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noel DarcyPlacing a c4d animation on a Boujou camera track
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 6:40:06 pm

Hello, I'm quite new to C4D, and I'm having some trouble trying to execute my idea.
I have tracked a scene in Boujou perfectly, and I would like to place an animation I made with the Sound Effector in C4D into the scene. My problem starts with both the track and the animation being separate files.
I tried the obvious answer of copy and pasting one into the other, with limited success. One way tracked the animation properly, but the animation screwed up and was nothing like the original. The other way left the animation coming in perfectly, but not tracking with the footage.

Is there any way to place a pre-made C4D animation on a Boujou camera track?

Thanks for the help, I'm sitting here pulling out what little hair I have.

Return to posts index

Adam ZygadloRe: Placing a c4d animation on a Boujou camera track
by on Dec 12, 2012 at 7:57:40 pm

Have you setup the same frame per second on both files?

Also, when you start tracking the data through Boujou, there's seems to be a little annoying bug where it changes fps, from 24 to 25fps. So, double check the fps before exporting the data out of Boujou. Vidmuze's video on youtube talks about the bug [04:01] and highlights it to be aware of it until they fix it.

Adam Jozef Zygadlo
Motion Graphic Designer

07708 124 915
'Filled with brainy goodness.'

Return to posts index

Noel DarcyRe: Placing a c4d animation on a Boujou camera track
by on Dec 14, 2012 at 2:29:26 pm

Thanks Adam, but that isn't the problem. I can track 3d text and objects into my footage perfectly, with no misalignment or skipping in the matchmove. That's not an issue at all. My problem is that I have a created an animation in C4D, and I can't seem to track it in.
The animation was created before the matchmove, and so is in a different file, and is planned to be used on several shots for a music video. I have no idea how to succesfully combine the two files. Neither copying and pasting nor importing object seem to do the trick, the animation always comes in messed up. But I know it's fine, because I can export it by itself perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved