MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Render machine

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho GuerreroRender machine
by on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:46:10 pm

Hello everyone,

my company is up to buy me a new machine , maybe a mac pro or a PC. I saw so many things in the web, I am still deciding.

I want my renders to speed up , and now these days with new Windows 7 and 8 , i dont care too much about OS difference anymore .

So the question is if is worth to pay extra money for mac, or if is better getting a better machine with Windows?

I saw for windows the Bostom Venom 2300-7T, which looks really good. almost 7000. The mac pro more or less the same specification is 8500.

Any suggestion or recommendation ??

many thanks

Return to posts index

Rasmus GernerRe: Render machine
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:09:25 am

I would go for the Boston if i was you because it is made for what you are requesting. Yet both are pretty silly machines. You will most likely end up needing more SSD space but they are easy to install.
You will end up more or less getting what you pay for with these. It is up to you what you want the most function or design.
There is not a huge difference between to two machine you mention.

Congratulation on your new computer whatever you may choice.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: Render machine
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:11:54 am

thanks Rasmus,

so in general would you recommend windows over mac ??

Many thanks

Return to posts index

Rasmus GernerRe: Render machine
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:31:53 am

I cannot do that as I have never tried Mac for 3D work. I can only say part of what you buy is the image of the product. So as hardware goes you do not get as much for the buck.
The quadro series from nividia are made for graphical work and the Radeon is like the Geforce.
I have not looked in the greater detail on the spec but all the components need to be in equal strength.
That is why i would pick the pc but i still don't think there is gonna be a noticeable difference between the two.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: Render machine
by on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:38:58 am

Great advice Rasmus

Thanks a lot for your help

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]