MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Text: Simple Extrude vs. HyperNURB Modeling ?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max JacksonText: Simple Extrude vs. HyperNURB Modeling ?
by on Nov 29, 2012 at 6:19:36 am

Hi CC,

I've been taking C4D pretty head on lately and learning as much as I can. Different thinkers have different methods of instruction and I'm currently learning text modeling.

In this, I've learned one can basically extrude text and voila.

Or one can go through the means of NURB modeling a font face together and aim to mold it to perfection.

Now, as I've learned the latter is useful for point/poly flexibility. However, as I try to spend my hours wisely grasping all that there is to know, I can't help ask but why somebody'd need to do all this work when you can make blocks of print with the click of a button.

What's the break even involving methods when approaching text?

As always, thanks for reading. :)

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Text: Simple Extrude vs. HyperNURB Modeling ?
by on Nov 30, 2012 at 8:13:30 pm

The only time I would model text is if I had a specific purpose that couldn't be achieved with extrusion. One example is text with a chisel fillet.

Return to posts index

Max JacksonRe: Text: Simple Extrude vs. HyperNURB Modeling ?
by on Dec 1, 2012 at 4:51:38 am

Adam, that's great news because I'm a motion guy and additionally to re-create a font in 3D says to me I should've been a sculptor. That would be rather discouraging if that was the norm. I'm not a sculptor. I really like C4D for it's ability to move and bring/take things together/apart.

I don't mind roto and taking time to get something exact, but...stuff like fonts take a load of time in 2D, I don't imagine I could really compete by hand in 3D. At least, the whole time I'd mentally be working up an apology one extrude length at a time before hand.

Thanks again! :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved