MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Tracking the sides of a cube.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
garrett joeTracking the sides of a cube.
by on Nov 25, 2012 at 1:53:14 am

Hi,

In my scene I have a cube spinning. The cube is a null object that has all of the faces inside of it which are polygons. My goal is to add a video or something to each side of the cube in After Effects. I tried something with object buffers but it didn't work. Is there any way to track each side of the cube or something and then add a video to each side in After Effects? I tried searching for the answer but it wasn't that detailed on how to do it.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Tracking the sides of a cube.
by on Nov 25, 2012 at 6:30:50 pm

Yep, what you're looking for is the external compositing tag. In this case you would drop it on your null object and check the heirarchical box so it creates a solid for each face of the cube. Set the size to the same size as the cube faces and set the ancor point to center.

In order for this to work your cube faces will have to have their axes centered with the Z axis pointing out (use the axis center function in cinema).

Then, in the render>save settings, under "compositing project file", check the save box, set the target application to AE, and check the "include 3D data" box.

When you render the file Cinema will create a *.aec file that you can open in AE (assuming you've installed the Cinema>AE plugin). When you open the file you should see a folder with your comp already set up, and AE solids should be placed on each of your cube faces.

Return to posts index

garrett joeRe: Tracking the sides of a cube.
by on Nov 26, 2012 at 1:22:01 am

Thankyou! I will try it when I get a chance!

Return to posts index

garrett joeRe: Tracking the sides of a cube.
by on Nov 27, 2012 at 10:33:37 pm

Ok thankyou. But one question I'm new to multi pass. I have GI and Ambient Occlusion in my scene. When I go to render settings, I select add them to the multipass and check the box. Do i also need to render out the regular image?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]