MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Resetting Hair Object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PatersonResetting Hair Object
by on Nov 23, 2012 at 12:35:30 am

Hi I'm new to the Hair module and I can't figure this simple thing out- how do i reset my hair object if I make changes to it? Two things specifically-

1) if I want to change the object or selection it's linked to? I've tried replacing the "Link" field but to no avail. The hair simply becomes unresponsive

2) if I use "Set as Dynamics" but then later want to reset that, how can I make that happen?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Resetting Hair Object
by on Nov 23, 2012 at 2:10:21 am

1. What's your method? That's how it works but there are different results depending on what you do, if you just replace the object in the link the hair jumps to the new object and regrows on the available points (or whatever the roots are set to ) there. If you delete the original link object the hair stays in place but will still behave normally (which is kind of cool) and if you then add another object into the link box the hair will now follow that objects movement, even if it's not near it. You can get it to attach properly to the new object by setting Guides/Roots/Map to New and choose a Root scheme that will preserve most of the hair (unless your new object is exactly the same construction so you can use your original scheme). Put the new object inside the hair (where the original object was) or the hair reroots in a projection type scheme and ends up all pointing in one direction.

2. Hair Object/Guides/Editing/Regrow

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved