MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

creating a controlled/randomized light grid

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kimber
creating a controlled/randomized light grid
on Nov 20, 2012 at 10:32:19 pm

Hi,

I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to replicate a light grid array that I like in a spot. I'm relatively new to C4D, so the answer may be obvious. I just can't find it anywhere. I'm trying to create a stadium light grid that randomly has lights turn on and off within the grid. What I'm looking to do can be seen on the light grids in this spot:

https://vimeo.com/28683470

Is anyone able to help? Thank you very much!

Best,
Sean

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: creating a controlled/randomized light grid
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:04:53 am

May not sound like it, but this is similar to the question I answered here: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/19/879975

But instead of applying the random effector to the blend of one clone, it's applied to an array of clones. I used the random effector in noise mode, but you would get better control using the shader effector in a similar fashion, as that way you can play with different noises to fine-tune the effect.

Example (render to see): 4983_randomlights.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Sean Kimber
on Nov 21, 2012 at 3:30:04 pm

Excellent. Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Sean Kimber
on Nov 26, 2012 at 4:23:46 pm

Hi Adam,

Thank you again for your help. I'm having slight trouble making the turning on and off of the lights more fluid rather than jittery using the noise parameter. Do you possibly have any suggestions on how to have a little more control over something like that?

Thanks!
Sean

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Dec 1, 2012 at 3:41:29 pm

I would adjust the noise speed and scale in the effector, and perhaps play with the effector's Min/Max sliders. You can also adjust the relative brightness of the lights that are being cloned. Lots of trial and error, I'm afraid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]