MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Architecture Model Style

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julia HuberArchitecture Model Style
by on Nov 15, 2012 at 11:47:56 am

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to create a couple of mountains in this layer by layer style used in architecture models to indicate topography.

As I'm not really looking forward to doing this manually layer by layer, I'm trying to figure out a way to recreate this style generatively. So far the only possibility that occurred to me, was to use a create one base layer, than to duplicate this layer several times with a cloner object, and to finally alter the size as the mountain increases in size with a step effector. The result can be seen in my enclosed image on the right hand side.

Unfortunately the shape created with this method is really organic. Does anybody have an idea how I can convert a more organic mountain shape (like for instance the one left in the picture) into this style?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Architecture Model Style
by on Nov 16, 2012 at 4:35:30 am

one way is to use heightmaps and subpoly displacement using a posterized heightmap, do you have C4D
Visualize or Studio? Though even if you do it would hard to get the totally clean edges in your example, you'd get something close to this probably.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Architecture Model Style
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 4:24:36 am

oh yeah, you wouldn't need sub-poly displacement if you don't have it, you would just need to subdivide the plane enough

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved