MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamic Spine Connected to a Dynamic Object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Fassnacht
Dynamic Spine Connected to a Dynamic Object
on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:25:44 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to animate a microphone with a cable connected to it falling to the ground and settling. Basically I've tried the method in this tutorial: http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2011/03/how-to-make-a-dynamic-rope-in-cine... at 5:30p

It seems running it through the matrix object into the tracer creates a lag in which the interpreted spline does not stay attached to the object.

If anyone has any info on fixing this problem that would be great.

Best,

Dan

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Dynamic Spine Connected to a Dynamic Object
on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:34:15 am

lags are usually due to the Priority of the various Dynamics parts being out of sync. In this case the cable is likely moving to the position of your microphone then the microphone moves, then it renders. You have to decrease the Priority of the cable following microphone so the microphone moves first, then the cable follows it, then the render happens. So whatever you have attaching the cable to the microphone needs to have it's priority lowered.

Return to posts index

Dan Fassnacht
Re: Dynamic Spine Connected to a Dynamic Object
on Nov 14, 2012 at 4:21:29 pm

Well it looks like I found a solution. I used the spline dynamics and hair collider for the cord of the microphone and used constraint tags to keep it stuck to the microphone...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]