MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Duplicate TP setup

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen turcotteDuplicate TP setup
by on Nov 12, 2012 at 4:40:03 pm

I have a TP Xpresso setup where particles are born/ emit from a sphere and upon impact with an object activate the birth of another sphere (see attached video). I'd like to duplicate this setup probably 20 times and manipulate the Xpresso settings for each in order for the particles to hit where I need them to. So far I've only been able to do this manually by creating new particle groups and reconnecting them in my Xpresso setup, but I'm looking for a more efficient way. Does anyone have any ideas?

TP world

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Duplicate TP setup
by on Nov 13, 2012 at 3:41:04 pm

Without knowing your set up - are more than one paths coming from each new sphere? - either way, adjusting the emit speed and direction to get them to land where they need to, it seems like it would be a lot easier to just put in your own splines (with the fewest possible points probably set to b-spline) rather than adjust a lot of expresso by trial and error. Unless your needs are something that makes that make more sense.

Return to posts index

stephen turcotteRe: Duplicate TP setup
by on Nov 13, 2012 at 6:57:56 pm

Hi Brian,

Each new sphere does have a different number of paths emitting from the center. They only need to land in a general area, nothing too exact. Maybe animating along a spline would be a bit quicker rather than trying to find a work around. I guess my question is whether it is possible to create one Xpresso setup, like I have, and retain the ability to duplicate it without affecting the original. Every time i duplicate the original rig, the parameters seem to be thrown off.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Duplicate TP setup
by on Nov 13, 2012 at 7:01:03 pm

if it's not an exact placement that's not too bad. Can you post the scene?

Return to posts index

stephen turcotteRe: Duplicate TP setup
by on Nov 13, 2012 at 8:24:22 pm

Here's the scene file with my setup.

4962_worldmaptest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]