MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Pyramid with cloner!!!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gustavo VieiraPyramid with cloner!!!
by on Nov 12, 2012 at 11:43:44 am

How to create a pyramid made of bricks with a cloner object?! After creating it I'd like to be able to increase the number of base bricks which will reflect on the height of the pyramid.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Pyramid with cloner!!!
by on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:40:01 am

I would create the base pyramid by using a cloner in grid mode that's dense enough to fill the pyramid. Then I'd create a pyramid object that fits inside the grid. Next, use a volume effector with the visibility parameter checked, and drag the pyramid into the object link box.

That will give you the basic pyramid shape.

To build the pyramid up (or down) I'd use a plane effector with the scale parameter set to -1. Set the falloff mode to linear and falloff amount to 0. Then animate the effector's position to build up the bricks.

Of course you can pretty it up any number of ways by adjusting the density and adding additional effectors.

Return to posts index

Jay Nothing Goes at the COWRe: Pyramid with cloner!!!
by on Feb 18, 2014 at 4:22:40 am

I have done this in such a way the building of it is able to animate. I made square splines, cloned vertically with shape decreasing as gets to the top. I made sure they were spaced so that vertically, my brick sizes would match and they would stack nicely without much intersection. After I set my splines carefully going up, I connect/delete object command them and now I have one spline, but non continuous representing my skeleton of the pyramid. After this you use the mograph cloner in several ways depending on what works best and you can then keyframe the thing so it animates like it is being built. It's not perfect but it was all I could come up with for a client on short notice who really wanted the depiction of a building pyramid. It was rendered to look like vector art using sketch and toon and flash export. Those vectors were then preserved and moved into AE for nice clean edges throughout post. Strange workflow but it did the trick. Sorry I can't post here because it's corporate/internal.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved