MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Timeline Selection

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave MacomberTimeline Selection
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 2:59:56 pm

Ack! Not sure what I did, but suddenly I'm only able to draw a bounding box to select keyframes in the timeline. Previously, I was able to simply click a keyframe and move it (which would be my preferred behavior), but now I can only select the keyframe by drawing a box around it... Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave MacomberRe: Timeline Selection
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 3:17:46 pm

Found it. Timeline > Edit > Region Tool had been turned on, somehow.

Return to posts index

Gavin McDonaldRe: Timeline Selection
by on Jun 5, 2013 at 7:05:59 pm

Jesuz.... thank you brother. almost smashed computer.

Return to posts index

Paul RoperRe: Timeline Selection
by on Sep 20, 2013 at 3:02:36 pm

THANK YOU so much for this, Dave!

I was just about to send a sweary, ranting email to Maxon, slagging them off for making such a lousy product, then a search for "timeline" in the cow forums brought up your post. Looks like I'm not the only one who fell into this ridiculous trap set by Maxon.

What a stupid and pointless "feature" this "Region Tool" is. Why can't makers of 3D software just look at the way After Effects handles Bezier curves and just copy them exactly? Maya's Bezier curve creation/editing is also completely hopeless. It's really annoying when someone (eg. Autodesk, Maxon) tries to re-invent something and then completely bollockses it up.

It's annoying that Maxon does not provide any kind of help system with C4D - sure, there's the "help" system, but that's as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Rant over.

Once again....thanks (in response to your post from nearly a year ago)!

Return to posts index

Patrick ButlerRe: Timeline Selection
by on Sep 15, 2016 at 6:25:47 pm

Dude, tell me about it! Especially now that C4D Lite is built in with Ae.

I want to be able to switch all the keystrokes and everything to match Ae. I probably can do it, but there should just be a setting for it, much like being able to use Final Cut keystrokes in Premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved