MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating a looping background

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John RockstadCreating a looping background
by on Nov 6, 2012 at 4:42:46 pm

Hi guys, here's my situation - I have a curved plane with a water shader applied as a texture. The animation of the shader looks great, but I need to use it as a background for about 3 minutes of a video I'm working on, and rendering a full three minutes would probably take at least a day on this machine, so I'd like to find a way to just grab a few seconds that I can loop. The shader has editable frequency properties, but I can't find a way to make it cycle predictably. Here is a screenshot of the shader properties:

Thanks for any help on this!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Creating a looping background
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 1:09:41 am

you'll have to switch noises, Water is an old one (most of the shaders in the Surface menu are older ones) and looping is not built in. If you choose one of the Noises 28 of the 32 standard ones are loop-able, 4 are not (Electric, Gaseous, Random and Wavy Turbulence). The Noises that look most like the Water shader (to me anyway) are Electric (doesn't loop so no good) and Naki (you may find some other one which makes good water). You'd have to play with the scale and motion direction to get what you want but at least you can loop it.

Return to posts index

John RockstadRe: Creating a looping background
by on Nov 7, 2012 at 10:47:41 pm

Thanks for the reply Brian, I've been playing around with the different noise patterns and should definitely be able to find something workable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved