MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Problem importing eps to CINEMA4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miguel FrancoProblem importing eps to CINEMA4D
by on Oct 26, 2012 at 3:31:52 pm

I have a problem while importing an eps (a logo) created in Corel Draw X5. When I open it its fine: there is an object group with the paths composing the logo. I then group all the paths into one in order to apply an Extrude Nurbs and get a 3D object of the logo, but then something strange happens: Some of the parts aren't converted into 3D, there'r just gaps where there should be a polygon, and this at first appeared completely random, but I tried many different eps exports (just lines, just fill, soldered elements, different export settings, different import settings in c4d, etc) and its always the same holes.

I can close them with Bridge tool, no big deal, but I can't also get the caps for the object, and I try to build them with Close Polygon Hole tool, but it also doesn't work because the tool messes with the points and lines.

So my only option is to bridge every hole (which is frustrating if you have a curve, for example).

What can I do? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a special combination of export/import settings that I'm missing?

Hope someone can understand my problem here and give me a hand. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved