MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Trying to figure out how to accomplish a morph from numbers to a logo

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikon haaksmanTrying to figure out how to accomplish a morph from numbers to a logo
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:00:23 pm

I have a project where I'd like to have random numbers flying about and then assemble into the shape of a company logo. (Perhaps like particles) I'm sure there are several ways to do this, but would like some feedback on ideas. Also if you know of any tutorials which might help out, I'd love to see them.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Trying to figure out how to accomplish a morph from numbers to a logo
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 5:41:31 pm

Lot's of ways to do it, but I think the following is the most flexible way to go about it:

1. Create a MoGraph>Matrix object and set it to object mode. Drag the logo into the Object box. Choose the method you want to use (e.g., surface, volume, points, faces, etc.). You'll need a good number of particles to form the logo;

2. Create a cloner and drop your numbers into it. Set the type to whatever you want, but the number of clones should be approximately the same as the number of matrix object particles;

3. Create an inheritance effector and drag the matrix object into the object reference box. Set the method to direct and check the "morph motion object" box.

That should move your numbers onto the matrix object particles so that they're forming the logo. Now you can create various other effectors to cause the numbers to fly around, and you can make them settle on the logo by animating the effector weights.

Return to posts index

mikon haaksmanRe: Trying to figure out how to accomplish a morph from numbers to a logo
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 8:12:02 pm

Thank you so much! I am going to try that out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]