MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Connecting Clones

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy MontgomeryConnecting Clones
by on Oct 23, 2012 at 1:58:17 pm

Hello all!

I'm trying to create a loop-looking structure out of a cloner and a twist deform. The cloner is repeating and the shape looks like I want it to. However, the cloned objects are not connected together. I'm looking for a way to connect the edges of the cloned object so that it looks like a roll of film.

Here's a still to show what I'm talking about. In the close-up, you can see the edges are not linked.

Thanks and any help is much appreciated.

Tim

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Connecting Clones
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 5:47:03 am

If you can get the clones close enough to one another you might be able to use a Connect object to connect them together, but it may not be pretty.

I'm assuming that using a Sweep NURBS to generate a solid strip and then applying the repeating film strip texture is out of the question in this case? That'd be the first way I'd approach this.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Timothy MontgomeryRe: Connecting Clones
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 10:58:16 am

I have tried that Derby, but I wanted to use the multishader since the film frames are actually not repeated. They are and will be unique film frames on each clone. So is this hopeless?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Connecting Clones
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 5:52:17 pm

You might have better luck cloning the strips in a straight line and then creating a spline path for them to follow. You could then apply a spline wrap deformer to the cloner to place the clones along the spline. The advantage there is that the deformer will actually bend the clones (assuming there's enough geometry) so they should hopefully stick closer together.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Connecting Clones
by on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:17:15 pm

Adam's solution wins my vote, and reminds me that I really do need to familiarize myself with all of the deformers :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]