MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Basic Explosion

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavenesh PatelBasic Explosion
by on Oct 16, 2012 at 8:46:14 pm

I'm looking to explode a section of a skull in C4D. I've pre-shattered the section of the skull where I want the destruction to take place, I just need to find a way to have pieces fly outward from the skull.

I've placed the pieces inside a fracture object and i'm trying to use the random effector, but I don't think I'm doing it right. The pieces seem to go in every direction, rather than away from the center of the skull.

Technically, all I want to happen is the pieces to fly outward, away from the skull with some randomness on the position and rotation.

I feel like I'm making this more complicated than it needs to be. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Basic Explosion
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 12:36:44 am

what version of C4D and do you have Dynamics?

Return to posts index

Gavenesh PatelRe: Basic Explosion
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 2:05:25 am

I'm using r13...yes I'm using dynamics

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Basic Explosion
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 2:01:02 pm

if you put Rigid Body tags on the chunks and a Collider tag on the rest of the skull the chunks will probably want to 'explode' out on their own, just turn the tags on when you want the explosion. Another possibility is to have the Rigid bodies activate on movement and pass an effector through them at the right moment. Either way, if the chunks don't move or don't move enough you can get them to move more with an Attractor (with negative values - probably pretty large values).
And you can always make a collider that pushes the chunks out (visible or invisible depending on what you want)

Return to posts index

Bill KellyRe: Basic Explosion
by on Oct 17, 2012 at 9:38:25 am

Thrausi does a really good job of exploding objects. There's tons of tutorials on it to be found with a simple Google search.

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved