MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

How do I project footage in Cinema4D?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie WalkerHow do I project footage in Cinema4D?
by on Oct 10, 2012 at 8:32:31 pm

Hello, all... how do I project moving footage into a scene in Cinema 4d, using a light maybe? don't want to apply it as a material, just shine/project (throw) it across everything including text and backgrounds etc....

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: How do I project footage in Cinema4D?
by on Oct 10, 2012 at 11:07:01 pm

put your mov/image sequence in the Transparency channel of a material, apply that to a light, in the Texture Tag settings set Projection to Flat and control where it shows up with Offset and Length

Return to posts index

Jamie WalkerRe: How do I project footage in Cinema4D?
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 9:24:52 pm

Many thanks for that, works a treat... although I'm having difficulty scaling the image up, whatever I change on the light seems to make no change to the size of the footage being projected... I need to make it larger... any suggestions please?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 11, 2012 at 10:56:01 pm

the texture tag Length U and Length V settings are likely what you need to be tweaking

Return to posts index

by on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:14:58 pm

Awesome... that's done the trick, star! many thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 11, 2012 at 11:19:07 pm

Sorry, last question.... it looks great now but it looks a little faint, what is the best way to really get the projected footage strong in colour and contrast?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 12, 2012 at 12:05:52 am

it's like a real projector you get the best results on a pure white surface but there are a couple things in the light you can do
-in the details tab of the light Inner Angle should be the same as Outer Angle - or just turn Use Inner off
-if you crank Contrast (also Details tab) up to 1000% it's a bit brighter on the edges
-if you increase the light's Intensity (General tab) up above 100% the whole image gets brighter but it starts to wash out pretty quickly so it's usually not much use.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 12, 2012 at 12:33:25 am

Yeah that has help a little... It's getting projected onto a white background and chrome text... there is a 'Sky' in the scene, I've just unselected it and the footage is stronger but the shadows and lights now look bad....if you can help further than great... if not, many thanks again.

http://images.creativecow.net/244691/logotestwithsky.jpg

http://images.creativecow.net/244691/logotestnosky.jpg

just a couple of images to show what's happening.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 12, 2012 at 2:06:29 am

yeah, also like real projectors light washes out the image. Perhaps you have to consider camera mapping. Check out Projection Man in the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]