MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Logo Modeling Method

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe WalkerLogo Modeling Method
by on Oct 6, 2012 at 6:08:53 pm

Trying to get some feedback for the best modeling method for building this company logo. It'll need to be reproduced in high res prints as well as stationary and HD animation. Thanks in advance everyone!!!

4773_logosketch2.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: Logo Modeling Method
by on Oct 6, 2012 at 11:37:31 pm

I took a look, and there are many ways to do this; I can see your dilemma. Whats the smartest most efficient way? Having done multiple projects of this sort (i.e. from a drawing or schematic)I usually camera map onto a background object (using a separate camera locked "protection tag"). Place a background object, create a new texture with your picture in the luminescence channel. You should see it in the back. You are then free to model the object interactively. Just use your eye the rest of time to get it close enough.

I hope this helped, I may not completely understand the nature of your query if not.

Cheers!

Return to posts index

Joe WalkerRe: Logo Modeling Method
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 11:46:23 am

Thanks for the response.

I was trying to come up with the best way to approach modeling this logo — not so much extracting the sketch. Normally I would have considered an extruded profile, duplicated and setup an isometric camera. Because of the rounded corners, I'm a bit torn. Splines? Polys and Sub-Ds?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: Logo Modeling Method
by on Oct 7, 2012 at 5:30:18 pm

I guess you'll simply have to consider (as I'm sure you probably have!) what and if you plan to manipulate the final object for the proposed animation down the road. This of course will dictate how your going to build this thing.

Good day sir!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Logo Modeling Method
by on Oct 9, 2012 at 2:44:02 pm

As with many modeling jobs you have two basic approaches: poly modeling with subdivision surfaces (Hypernurbs in C4D parlance) or NURBS. If you don't have a lot of poly modeling experience NURBS would probably be the way to go.

I'd create three splines to form the flattened logo, extrude them, and then use the bend or wrap deformer to make the bend. The key there is to set your extrude nurbs caps to quadrangles and check the regular grid box so they will deform properly. The splines also have to have enough points to help out the regular grid function.

Return to posts index

Joe WalkerRe: Logo Modeling Method
by on Oct 11, 2012 at 6:19:43 pm

Thanks for the help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]