MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Bought C4D R11 Flag Animation but can't control it well!

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Camin
Bought C4D R11 Flag Animation but can't control it well!
on Oct 4, 2012 at 5:46:50 am

purchased an R11 Flag animation that simply uses a cloth NURBS with a polygon child to create the flag effect.

I'm using R13 and am having a hart time controlling the animation. Or actually I can't control it at all. I want the flag to blow around very stiffly so you can see the design and text on the flag clearly. But right now, I don't see any parametric controls to adjust anything. I don't even see any controls that are driving the wind. It seems to be a stripped down, uncontrollable rig? This can't be right. I checked the layers panel to make sure nothing is hiding and looked in the Xpresso window. Nothing. Any help to stiffen up the flag and slow down the wind speed would be much appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated. Hers's a screen shot of the model.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Bought C4D R11 Flag Animation but can't control it well!
on Oct 4, 2012 at 2:18:18 pm

the only cloth elements visible in that shot are the ClothNurbs wich just give smoothness and (possibly) thickness to the cloth but no cloth tags to control parameters. I'm guessing they turned it all into a PLA animation, check the timeline you'll probably find keyframes there. In other words, probably no control. There are number of tutes out there with a google search, GreyScaleGorilla has a 'free customizable flag' on their site (which does still have a cloth tag so parameters can be controlled) etc...

Return to posts index

Kevin Camin
Re: Bought C4D R11 Flag Animation but can't control it well!
on Oct 10, 2012 at 5:42:54 pm

Thanks so much. GreyscaleGorilla's flag was a perfect solution.

Best regards,

Kevin Camin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]