MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Clone Objects Independent Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven HiltonClone Objects Independent Animation
by on Sep 28, 2012 at 7:05:00 pm

Ok, so I made four cubes and cloned them along the x axis. So I now have 80 cubes all touching essentially making one giant cube. I used the Boole tool to imprint my logo on top of the cubes. Now I would like to make each cube move independently along the Y axis only. Hopefully the result will be a "sea" of cubes moving up and down like waves.

Does anyone know how to do that without keyframes?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Clone Objects Independent Animation
by on Sep 28, 2012 at 11:08:20 pm

Do you want the imprint of your logo on each of the boxes to move with the box it's imprinted on? To clarify, would you like each box to keep the geometry it has before it starts animating up and down?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Steven HiltonRe: Clone Objects Independent Animation
by on Sep 29, 2012 at 1:24:33 am

The logo is the size of all the boxes. The logo is etched into them. I'm only concerned with the boxes the lOgo isnt a factor

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Clone Objects Independent Animation
by on Sep 29, 2012 at 4:01:50 am

[Steven Hilton] "The logo is the size of all the boxes. The logo is etched into them. I'm only concerned with the boxes the lOgo isnt a factor"

If that's the case then you should be able to use the Formula effector on your system to drive vertical position. A formula like sin((w + t) * 360 * f) should work (may need u or v substituted in place of w depending on the orientation and the desired direction of waves).

You could then adjust the animation with further effectors or dynamics.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]