MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Integrating 3d animated model with spatial motion into a tracked shot

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rizembus gard
Integrating 3d animated model with spatial motion into a tracked shot
on Sep 26, 2012 at 11:36:21 pm

Hello, I am trying to create a short movie in which a dragon appears, and before I start shooting I need to find out just what is possible to do in order to achieve it.

I have Premiere cs5, After Effects cs5, Boujou 5 and Cinema 4d v12.

I have some experience in the adobe products but just started meddling with boujou and cinema 4d today.

The model I plan to use for the dragon is in the following link:

In short what I want to do is motion track a scene so that I can have the camera motion in cinema 4d and then make the dragon for example comes from far away and flies by the camera, linking it to the virtual camera tracking data so the shot doesn't need to be static and can become more dynamic.

I checked out some tutorials but I can't seem to find the right one, therefore I was hoping that someone could direct me to a good video tutorial that has all the information I need.

Thanks in advance.

PS:

The main problems I am having right now as I am still an extreme beginner:

All the various animations of the dragon model are in separate .c4d files and I have no idea how to link them in one flowing sequence as I can only open one of them at a time.

Same goes for opening any model file together with my main tracked footage.

I don't know how to link the model to a camera.

When I track my footage in boujou the test object sticks to the scene nicely, however when porting to cinema 4d the floor shows with a massive slope instead of horizontal.

Return to posts index

rizembus gard
Re: Integrating 3d animated model with spatial motion into a tracked shot
on Sep 29, 2012 at 8:51:33 am

any help?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]