MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Global illumination ... where ?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Global illumination ... where ?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 4:14:35 pm

Sorry me again, I don't know if this is because I only have 'Prime' R14 but I figured the help files would relate to my version where it says :

To activate GI all you have to do is:

Open the Edit Render Settings dialog window (main menu: Render - or simply press Ctrl+B)
Click on the Effects... button and select Global Illumination

However when I go to "Effect" in render settings there is no GI button ? ... any advice please ?

Roger

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Global illumination ... where ?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 5:00:36 pm

Prime doesn't include GI, unfortunately. You can see the feature comparison here: http://www.maxon.net/products/general-information/general-information/produ...

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
Re: Global illumination ... where ?
on Sep 26, 2012 at 7:48:51 pm

Thanks Adam ... I did have a quick look at the feature list but didn't notice that bit, especially as it is there in the help system of 'Prime' - oh well - it's such a pity I can't justify the expenditure for anything other than Prime, as a beginner I'm looking at loads of tutorials but get frustrated when coming across a clever feature to find that it's not available in 'Prime' - oh well ... the way of the world ... I guess if Maxon didn't offer a cut down version there wouldn't be one in my price range at all ... good of you to take the time.

Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]