MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Fence panels following spline (real newbie question)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Fence panels following spline (real newbie question)
on Sep 26, 2012 at 2:32:44 pm

Hi - I have C4D R14 'Prime' (so no Mograph sadly) I have what is effect a really simple project, I'm attempting to build a virtual reality studio (indeed if anyone can point me in the direction of some tutes I'd be grateful) but there's no panic and I'm enjoying finding my way around the prog and working out how to do things, watching lots of tutorials etc but I'm really stuck orienting these panels along a spline, they're all aligned facing 'Z' and I'd like them to follow the curve of the spline ... here's the project if anyone has time to have a look ... there are probably other ways of achieving this so fire away please ! (here's a grab and a link to the project file)

4704_studio.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Richard Dunstan
Re: Fence panels following spline (real newbie question)
on Sep 26, 2012 at 2:53:33 pm

I think the Duplicate command was what you were looking for, and rotation set to either Z.

http://f1.creativecow.net/4706/fixed

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
Re: Fence panels following spline (real newbie question)
on Sep 26, 2012 at 3:59:04 pm

Thanks Richard, so good of you to take the time ... that's done it - so having done my duplication and obviously got it wrong is it possible to go in and edit those settings or do I have to start again ... it doesn't seem like it's editable, is "Duplicating" and "Arranging" and stuff just a one-off effect ie when applied it has to be correct ?

Best Roger

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]