MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Lathe Issues - R13

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Murphy
Lathe Issues - R13
on Sep 25, 2012 at 7:36:11 pm

Hey gang,

If I create a spline profile of and object (only half of it for lathing), then I put another spline inside of it and connect the two to add thickness to my lathed object...I then set the angle of my lathe to 180 so I have a cross section of my spline, rotated in a half circle.

Here's my problem. I have to close the spline to get caps with filets and the filets don't bevel outward.

I'm going crazy with this one - what am I missing? Using R13.

Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Murphy
Re: Lathe Issues - R13
on Sep 25, 2012 at 7:51:10 pm

OK, I found the problem but one still remains.

For the bevel issue, I had the fist point of the spline on the very inside, where the lathe rotates on it's center point. I set the first point to one of the points on the outside of the spline and that fixed the reverse bevel.

Only problem now is that at the very middle of the lathe, the bevel stops and starts again at the center point. You may have to try this for yourself to see what I mean but basically, the bevel does not continue through the center point of the lathe, the bevel lathes too. Bummer. Really didn't want to have to convert to a mesh.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Sep 26, 2012 at 4:57:40 pm

As a rule I find it better to build the bevel into the spline that I'm lathing rather than rely on the cap bevel.

Return to posts index

Brian Murphy
on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:11:17 pm

Hi Adam! Thanks.

If the bevel comes from the cap, how would you use your spline to create the bevel?

If my spline spans along the x axis and the cap would be on the z...how would I do this?

Thanks,
Brian

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Sep 27, 2012 at 6:13:21 pm

what are you making? can you post the scene? a ref pic?

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Sep 29, 2012 at 7:05:31 am

I just tried this in R13 and I can't reproduce your problem. Can you provide some screenshots or a file?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]