MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Thinking Particles and Mutliple Gravity Sources

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Seth OlsonThinking Particles and Mutliple Gravity Sources
by on Sep 24, 2012 at 8:36:37 pm

I want to have multiple sources of spherical gravity. I am trying to use the PGravity node in XPresso, but it only recognizes a single object. So if I give it a cloner object or fracture, it only behaves where the origin of that object is rather than its children. How can I get the children to inherit gravity force that affects the thinking particles?

I tried "explode segments" with fracture but no luck.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard DunstanRe: Thinking Particles and Mutliple Gravity Sources
by on Sep 24, 2012 at 8:39:35 pm

If I had a better understanding of what you were trying to accomplish and your file i could be more helpful, off the top of my head though it might work to use a mograph matrix object then clone off of that.

Return to posts index

Seth OlsonRe: Thinking Particles and Mutliple Gravity Sources
by on Sep 24, 2012 at 8:51:54 pm

Hmm, Here is the link to the file:
4695_tpexperimenta02.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Richard DunstanRe: Thinking Particles and Mutliple Gravity Sources
by on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:11:26 pm

I checked out the file, I am a little confused though about what it is exactly you're trying to accomplish.

Return to posts index

Seth OlsonRe: Thinking Particles and Mutliple Gravity Sources
by on Sep 24, 2012 at 9:17:42 pm

I am trying to have the particles that are emitting be drawn towards the variety of spheres. I want each sphere to have gravity of it's own. As you can see, the particles only orbit the origin of the fracture object, not its children. "Think of the children!"

Thanks for looking at it, btw.

Return to posts index

Seth OlsonSolution
by on Sep 25, 2012 at 2:21:01 pm

Ok, I emailed support at Maxon, and they said the following:

"Unfortunately TP gravity is based on a specific object. Due to the nature of Xpresso, you need a TP Gravity node for each gravity field, and because the gravity node requires an object rather than just a position you must have a physical object for each of those nodes. The one thing you can do is (ab)use the Dynamics Body State node to get the cached object for each MoGraph object instance. You still have to create a Dynamics Body State node (with the appropriate Object Index) and PGravity node for each individual clone. I've attached a file showing the setup. This could all be simplified through Python scripting, such as is explained in Cineversity's Xpresso Maker tutorials."

http://www.cineversity.com/vidplaylist/xpressomaker/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]