MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Filling a barrel with cloned objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin FlemingFilling a barrel with cloned objects
by on Sep 17, 2012 at 7:45:14 pm

Hi there
I am pretty new to Cinema4D and I'm having some trouble with Dynamics. I'm attempting to have a shower of beets fill up a barrel as they would in real life; piling up past the brim.

I'm having two issues that I can't seem to get past.
1. The beets don't just fall as other rigid bodies have done in the past. They explode above the barrel.

2. The beets are not reacting to the sides of the barrel. I attempted putting in a hollow cylinder and added the collision tag to that, but it's not all.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Attached is my project file.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Filling a barrel with cloned objects
by on Sep 18, 2012 at 3:13:54 am

1. using s cloner with a random effector is a problem, the way that Random works (at least when you use the position option) will usually cause some of the clones to overlap so when the simulation starts the beets are already intersecting and they explode outwards from that.

2. no collider tag on the barrel

A better way to fill something (unless you really need a group of clones to drop as a bunch) is to use an emitter to fill the container. After that it's just a matter of getting the settings so they don't jiggle too much once they are in the barrel.

Return to posts index

Bill KellyRe: Filling a barrel with cloned objects
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 3:39:23 am

You may find this tutorial helpful.

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved