MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Compositing Green Screen Footage

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon MatthewsCompositing Green Screen Footage
by on Sep 14, 2012 at 11:56:15 am

Hi, just a quick question. Can you import green screen footage into C4D and if so how is it done? Ie. I want to composite footage of myself into a project. The footage already has alpha channel. I know it could be done in After Effects but was just wondering if it could be done in C4D as well. Thanks :-)

Return to posts index

Gene StroccoRe: Compositing Green Screen Footage
by on Sep 19, 2012 at 12:37:38 am

Simon,

You should be able to import green screen footage, whether its an image sequence or video file such as .MOV. You'll need to create a new material and apply that as your color image.

Unfortunately, the only way I've been able to use an alpha channel is if I either apply the same image sequence or video file as the alpha channel of the material, OR export a black and white image sequence/movie file and then import that separately into the alpha channel of the material you're using.

Then if you applied that material to a 'card' (or plane object), then it should render out as you want (alpha channel and all).

Hope this helps.

Gene.

Return to posts index

Simon MatthewsRe: Compositing Green Screen Footage
by on Sep 20, 2012 at 10:06:03 am

Hi Gene,

Thanks for replying. I've already tried applying the footage as my colour image and also applied it to the alpha channel but the result was a poor, ghost-like image. I see what you mean about importing it as a black and white sequence and I'll give that a go next time to see if it works better.

Thanks for your help,

Simon.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]