MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

2 dice that land on a plane

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Green
2 dice that land on a plane
on Sep 14, 2012 at 7:54:11 am

Probably a simple question for some and a question that's been asked already many times before but I can't seem to find the right answer.

I'm going to make 2 dice (I don't need help with that) and then I want to drop them and make the land on a surface/plane together. I want them to react naturally as they would in real life ie. a slight rotation as they drop and a slight bounce as they land - I don't want them to bounce too much, I need them to land in relatively close proximity to each other.

I'm not too bad at the modelling part, the physics I'm not that experienced on such as much info as possible would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Creative Multimedia Design Manchester | S©tt Green | Splurj

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: 2 dice that land on a plane
on Sep 14, 2012 at 2:55:39 pm

what version of C4D and what package? Studio/Broadcast...

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: 2 dice that land on a plane
on Sep 17, 2012 at 2:38:18 pm

Use MoGraph dynamics. I never had 11.5 and I've always had Studio so I've never used MoGraph dynamics, I believe it's the same as dynamics but the objects that receive the dynamics tags need to be in a MoGraph object, a cloner or if you don't want clones a Fracture (or a cloner with only one clone I guess). Then it's just a matter of setting the tags of your dice so they they have a bit of an initial spin - gravity will take care of itself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]