MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Simple Motor / Connector / Pendulum issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay inglesSimple Motor / Connector / Pendulum issue
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 4:49:06 pm

I've created a simple model as an example of an issue i'm having problems with in a larger project.

I've got a couple questions:

1. How do i set this up so that the pendulum cylinder is attached to the rope and motor? (see image1)
2. How would i create this if the "rope" is required to be a non-elastic soft body? (see image 2).

I'm new to connectors/motors so thanks in advance and hope this is a simple resolve.

R13 File:

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Simple Motor / Connector / Pendulum issue
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 8:03:35 pm

For No. 1, I think the key thing is that the various parts aren't being seen by the dynamics system because you don't have a connector sticking peg1 to the wheel. Because of that, the first hinge connector isn't following the peg. So I think you have to give the peg it's own dynamics tag and then use a fixed connector to pin it to the wheel. For best results I think you also should convert the primitives to polygon objects so you can use point selections to establish the connecting points.

Here's my play with it:

As you can see, I added some Hair/spline dynamics to fake a string look, but unfortunately that doesn't play with the regular dynamics system. You may be able to use soft dynamics for that, but I suspect it would be quite tricky.

Return to posts index

jay inglesRe: Simple Motor / Connector / Pendulum issue
by on Sep 17, 2012 at 8:59:01 pm

Sorry for the slow response, but thanks Adam for taking a look at it! I will open up your project file this week and hopefully it will shed some light on things.

Look forward to seeing what you've done.
Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved