MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Controlling the movement of noise shaders

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard DunstanControlling the movement of noise shaders
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 2:44:34 pm

I am doing an animation that requires showing water, more importantly the water needs to show direction, it needs to stop and start a few times throughout the animation. I have tried animating the movement properties from 2 to 0 at a speed of .25, this causes the noise to move in one direction but then it starts moving in the other direction back to square 1, tried animating the speed down and I get the same result, I tried animating the material tag using the V offset and after doing that it doesn't move at all, so now I am pulling my hair out over how to do something that should be so simple!! any advice from the community? =) pretty please.

Return to posts index

Richard DunstanRe: Controlling the movement of noise shaders
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 3:58:18 pm

Well, I found something that looks.. ok. by using the fusion shader with 2 different noise channels. I am still open to any other suggestions though! =)

Return to posts index

Gerald PeterRe: Controlling the movement of noise shaders
by on Feb 12, 2015 at 10:31:05 am

Hi,
same Problem here, did you find another solution?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Controlling the movement of noise shaders
by on Feb 13, 2015 at 6:18:18 pm

with the 3D noises (most are 3D) you can't slow the noise normally (as you have seen) it want's to return to the start position - don't ask me why, it must have something to do with the math generating it.

You can move the noise with offset in the texture like you were trying but the noise has to set to Space UV (2D), then it will move. You would have to modify the noise settings to get the look you want back but it's possible - it would probably to change the Texture Mapping to Flat if you are using UVW - it will work with UVW as well though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]