MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Randomly color changing faces of a polygon

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mete KutluRandomly color changing faces of a polygon
by on Sep 12, 2012 at 9:27:35 am

I modeled a triangulated robotic lion face which I'll use for my projection mapping. I wanted every triangular face of the polygon object to randomly change colours (not gradual but sudden) between five colors that I chose. So for example while one face goes cyan-pink-white; the other goes pink-white-cyan, and at different speeds so that the faces don't change color at the same time.

I tried a lot stuff with my little knowledge, but I couldn't figure out the main steps that I should take.

I would really really appreciate if someone could help me out with this.

Thanks a lot!

Mete Kutlu

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Randomly color changing faces of a polygon
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 2:46:09 am

this is very simplified but it's one way to do what I think you are after. Using selection sets to put a material on only one polygon and animating a color sequence in the materials and making that cycle by using Track After Repeat in the F-Curves.

Return to posts index

Mete KutluRe: Randomly color changing faces of a polygon
by on Sep 13, 2012 at 12:43:12 pm

Thanks Brian! All these look amazing. I never used F-curves but certainly gonna check it out. I used xpresso to have random colours on the faces. I used Random Integer Node to give me random material indices. Math:Module Node to define the intervals for the generation of random integers. Then, I just applied variations of this xpresso to my Selection Tags. It took some time since it's the first time I'm using xpresso, but I'm pretty happy with the result. check it out:)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved