MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Twin Cameras

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave EdwardsTwin Cameras
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 8:52:11 am

I have a number of 2D animations to which I would like to add a camera to produce 3D renders (C4D v 11).

Is there an easy way to move a second camera along the X axis relative to the first to form a stereo pair when this is following a spline - without having to rework the whole movement?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Twin Cameras
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 3:22:13 pm

The easiest way, I think, would be to duplicate your path splne, move it over in X, align a second camera to it, and then drive the offset along the spline with the other camera's align-to-spline offest. To do that, right-click on the offset parameter and select Animation>Set Driver from the menu. The go to the other camera's offset parameter and select Animation>Set Driven (either absolute or relative).

That said, I think stereographic production is a bit more complicated than using two cameras. I haven't done much of it, but it can be fairly involved. It's built into R13+, but there are some free stereographic rigs available for earlier versions, e.g., http://www.svoigt.net/index.php/downloads/23-downloads/57-free-stereoscopic...

Return to posts index

Dave EdwardsRe: Twin Cameras
by on Sep 11, 2012 at 3:55:24 pm

Thanks, Adam.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]