MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

XPresso Question - 1 % Slider controlling 2 "Real" Number others

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony BaroneXPresso Question - 1 % Slider controlling 2 "Real" Number others
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:10:14 pm

I have an XPresso question, an please note, I am rather new to XPResso in general.

I am trying to setup a Float Slider which will control 2 other Float Sliders, which in turn will move 2 separate objects different distances at the same time.

Slider 1 - is set for Percentage 0 - 100%

When Slider 1 is at 0%, Slider A and B should be at 0 (REAL)
When Slider 1 is at 100%, Slider A should be at 70 Real and Slider B at 744 Real.

I am assuming I need to put a Node in between the connections from Slider 1 to A and B, but I just can't figure out what to put in-between.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: XPresso Question - 1 % Slider controlling 2 "Real" Number others
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:24:39 pm

why have one slider control two others why not just have the one slider control both objects directly?

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: XPresso Question - 1 % Slider controlling 2 "Real" Number others
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 2:43:36 pm

My reason for not having the one slider move the two objects directly is that the two objects move different distances, in real numbers.

They both start at 0, but when the slider is at 100%, Object A should be at x: 70 and Object be at x: 744

If theres a way to do this with one slider, that would work for me too!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: XPresso Question - 1 % Slider controlling 2 "Real" Number others
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 3:42:47 pm

the Range Mapper node is what you are looking for. It would be possible to control two sliders from one by having the master sliders value go through two range mappers to the slave sliders but it's simpler to just have the range mappers plug straight into the target objects.

4638_slidercontrols2things.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: XPresso Question - 1 % Slider controlling 2 "Real" Number others
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 6:42:23 pm

That is great! Thank you so much for your help!

Unfortunately I don't think this method will work with my current project. The one object needs to "step" from each position in X:10 incumbents while the second object moves smoothly. Theres probably a way to work that into XPResso, so if I have more time I will definitely look into it.

Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]