MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Making text move

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James FalconMaking text move
by on Sep 5, 2012 at 9:56:31 pm

Alright. I am a complete noob here when it comes to C4D.

I'm doing a project and a title sequence for a short film. In the title sequence, the main character is walking into a room. I have each letter of the title attached to a string that drop from the top of the screen and hangs, swaying until it comes to a complete stop. I created this animation and text in Cinema 4d R13.

I want the letters to part ways as the main character walks through them. I was going to use wind from the simulate menu but it always runs and the letters blow. I need them to move to the side as if the character is walking through like a beaded curtain and come back to normal as he finishes walking through it.

Is there a way to change the wind speed from zero to like 15 and then back to zero on the time line? Is there another suggestion others can offer?

The title sequence runs 1 minute and 15 seconds and I want this animation to last about 30 seconds.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Making text move
by on Sep 6, 2012 at 1:27:47 am

just keyframe the value of Wind Speed in the Wind object directly (cntrl-click the open circle to the left of the words "Wind Speed") or do you mean something else?

Other suggestions would depend on how you constructed the hanging letters and the method used to get them to hang. Seeing the scene would be useful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved