MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Gouraud shading with lines white or black

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger BurtonGouraud shading with lines white or black
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 8:13:13 am

Hi chaps, I've just got the demo of R14 and am watching a tutorial and the lines in Gouraud shading with lines (in the tut) are white, in my window they're black and a little more difficult to see against the dark grey. I've looked at all the obvious places inc. project settings and the daunting and extensive list of colour options in prefs but not found a way of changing it ... any advice please ? Roger

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Gouraud shading with lines white or black
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 3:40:27 pm

Preferences/Scheme Colors/Editor Colors/Shaded Wire

Return to posts index

mike jonesRe: Gouraud shading with lines white or black
by on Sep 2, 2012 at 8:18:57 pm

Hi Brian, sorry to interject, but I saw an old post of yours. I tried contacting you through your profile but no button to, and your website link isn't working.

In this thread you mentioned you posted a "here is a test" scene. I'm currently modelling an animated (real) tram (tram along a normal road), however I don't know the best way to make it realistic so that the 3 carriages have 2 rubber sections between them which twists. Not only that but I'm not sure the best way to move the actual train (unless I did a bit of a shortcut job and used -align to spline- then delayed each following caraige after the first).
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/19/864749 Wondering if you still had this scene too? Cheers

EDIT;
Think I found one solution:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=493635

Return to posts index

by on Sep 3, 2012 at 3:42:53 am

always more than one way. Here is that old file in case it might be useful too. 4616_trainconnector.zip

Return to posts index

by on Sep 3, 2012 at 10:37:38 pm

Thanks for this. Yeah that appears to work on my cinema 4d and it looks nice and simple (although I'm not well versed in expresso).

The trouble is, in my tram (it's quite realistic) the joint has many ridges (like http://wwwww), how would this be accomplished?

Return to posts index

by on Sep 4, 2012 at 3:11:58 am

possibly a displacement texture (subpoly) with a repeated gradient

Return to posts index

by on Sep 9, 2012 at 8:10:33 pm

Hi Brian, I've implemented your solution into my existing train rig, however I'm receiving a strange update-issue. The bendy bit between the train carriages is fine when you click the frame but when you let it play, it starts to slowly fall out of place. I've attached my whole scene file, could you have a look at it?

4636_whyisthistrainerroring.zip

Return to posts index

by on Sep 11, 2012 at 2:23:22 am

the priority of the Constraints on the Splines in the loft nurb are the same as the xpresso on the train cars and since it's first in the in the OM it's evaluated first and lags. The error in the tighter corners is because the Target expressions on your fix the bend splines are set to priority 10 and, like the lag problem, the "fix the bend" splines need to get evaluated first then the loft splines need to move to that. Set the priorities of the Constraints on the loft splines to something higher than 10 so they get evaluated later than both the xpresso and the target expressions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]