MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Dynamis rigid body, objects passing trough eachother

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruud van Gerven
C4D Dynamis rigid body, objects passing trough eachother
on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:40:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've made a "simple" dynamic chain setup of 4 chains connected to a single torus. One end of every chain has a rigid body [Static Mesh] attribute. All other shackles including the torus have a rigid body [moving mesh] attribute.

Once i press the play button, the dynamics start and also the problem :p. A few shackles won't stay in line and pass trough the others, destroying my chains. There's no issue with the position of the initial state, none of the objects intersect. It's probably to heavy for c4d, wich is pretty anoying.

Can u guys help me with this issue? I've allready played arround with the project settings, chaning the steps per frame but that didn't help.

Grtz Ruud

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: C4D Dynamis rigid body, objects passing trough eachother
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:47:33 am

chains are possible but touchy to get the settings right and the scene too - there has to enough space in the links of the chains so the links don't start too 'tight'. Here are some examples, the first chain with nothing attached works mostly because of the steps per frame and the solver iterations, the second adds an object at the end of the chain but only works (for me anyway) if I reduce the mass of the object by a lot, the third as another way to do the same kind of thing with a spline with spline dynamics on it but it's not as 'real'.

4607_dynamicschains.zip

Return to posts index

David Patterson
on Sep 11, 2012 at 2:03:52 am

Brian - Thanks for posting the examples and explanation. Very informative!

Return to posts index

Ruud van Gerven
on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:55:54 am

Thanks for your reply and example file Brian! I had to go for the spline dynamics option because i had to much shackles to get it to work with normal dynamics. The steps per frame and the solver iterations did make a difference but couldn't keep up with my scene.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]