MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

beginners tutorials for Cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex McMurraybeginners tutorials for Cinema 4d
by on Aug 26, 2012 at 5:52:30 am

Hello, newbie here.
I am new to Cinema 4d, after switching from Moray / PovRay.
It was enough for my needs at the time, but limited as Moray has not been updated in quite some number of years, and did not support Nurbs, Splines etc, without searching for plugins.
I have viewed YouTube videos that pro-port to be beginners tutorials, but steps are skipped or assume that some knowledge of C4d is there.
Even the tutorials that came as part of the C4d manual appeared to skip steps here and there.
I did try Blender, but the learning curve at my age was quite steep.
The few times I have played with C4d over the last few days seems intuitive my level of understanding of 3d modelling.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
While videos are useful, I prefer tutorials in text form, it may be just me, but I find them easier to understand and use that continually having to scrub backwards and forwards through videos.
Thank You,

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: beginners tutorials for Cinema 4d
by on Aug 26, 2012 at 8:37:45 pm
there are more has paid tutorials that many say are at a relatively low level not too expensive. has many free tutorials

Tim Shetz has some tutorials for beginners on his site

and a search in google for "c4d tutorials beginner" brings up lots, I can't vouch for any of them as I haven't seen any of them but there are many out there.

Return to posts index

Alex McMurrayRe: beginners tutorials for Cinema 4d
by on Aug 27, 2012 at 7:21:52 am

Thanks a heap, first video on greyscalegorilla gave me more in the first 5 minutes, than all the YouTube searching that I have been doing over the last 4 days.

Now I can get started in earnest, now if there was only a way to export from Moray to Cinema, I'd be happy, but can't be done, too many differences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved