MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

When building new preset library, where is the "tex" folder?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ShoughWhen building new preset library, where is the "tex" folder?
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 5:23:08 pm

OK, so I have many, many models and decided to do some spring cleaning. I thought I would create appropriate preset libraries in the C4D content browser and really tidy things up.

So, I opened each model, positioned it and rendered a preview frame. Then, I created a new preset library in the browser, and dragged the model into it. In addition to the models being added to the browser, the models with external texture files applied (png, jpg, psd, etc), caused the preset library to add a "tex" folder. So far, so good.

However, now I can't find this "tex" folder outside of the C4D content browser in the finder to make further changes to the textures in Photoshop! The .lib files that represent the new preset libraries are easy to find - in fact, right clicking on them in the C4D content browser gives you an option to "show in finder." But, there is no similar command available for the matching "tex" folder in the preset library. Also, there is no folder ANYWHERE that I can find in the folder heirarchy that holds my new preset libraries in the finder.

Finally, I guessed that maybe the .lib files might be "package" files that are used by Mac OS X sometimes (I'm using a Mac), and that by right clicking them, you can see what's inside. Nope.

Does anyone have any other ideas where these "tex" folders might live when you create your own preset libraries? Not being able to edit the textures in Photoshop outside of C4D is a real problem. And, it makes things like the stock models sold by The Pixel Lab, which come as .lib files, impossible to customize.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: When building new preset library, where is the "tex" folder?
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 11:46:57 pm

You might check with Maxon tech support, but I think you're out of luck. It does seem like the image is saved in the .lib4d file and is not editable.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved