MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D: Trouble rendering from camera's perspective

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cale HendersonC4D: Trouble rendering from camera's perspective
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 11:06:55 pm

Hi,

I've been creeping on creativecow for a while now and have found many helpful solutions. I've finally encountered something that I could really use someone's help with and decided to post here.

I'm running vR12 and am attempting to render a video from a camera's perspective. I only have one camera acting as a security camera that's panning up in a corner. The camera pans roughly 5 times over a 2500 frame duration. If I turn off the camera POV, I can render view just fine. If I turn on the camera and attempt a render view, it just goes black.

I've searched for a few solutions from other forums, but they have been simply to make sure the camera I'm using is selected in the "cameras" menu and to ensure "Use as render view" is selected in the edit menu. I'm attaching a screenshot of my project setup in case that might help. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated :-)

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: C4D: Trouble rendering from camera's perspective
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 11:46:31 pm

Is it possible that your camera object is inside of some geometry? Perhaps inside a model of a security camera?

Return to posts index

Cale HendersonRe: C4D: Trouble rendering from camera's perspective
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:29:01 am

Well that's embarrassing. It seems that was the problem after all. I just needed to move the camera a little forward. I could see through the geometry in my camera's perspective, but when rendering it wouldn't look through it.

Many, many thanks to you for the assistance. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]